Hey friends and coworkers!
My name is Jeremy, and I’ve been in full time pastoral ministry with you all now for ten years. For the past 6 years, I have been serving at First Pentecostal Church in Corner Brook as Youth/Worship Pastor. If you don’t know me personally already, I’m genuinely looking forward to getting to know you and working together more closely.
So, you’re all probably wondering, what is a Director of Formission? I want to give you an inside look at my job description, then break down what it means for me and (hopefully) for you, as well, moving forward:
- Research and Development – Understanding where we have been, and developing the present and future plan for discipleship for our movement.
- Project Management – Giving oversight to Formission projects, and helping you to deploy them effectively in your contexts.
- Program Implementation – Creating and researching optimal programs and resources related to discipleship and assisting you with their adoption.
- Team Management – Expanding, discipling, learning from, and leading the Commission on Discipleship.
- Communications – Publishing materials, corresponding, presenting, speaking, in-servicing and just generally being in touch with you.
- Representation – Being present to encourage discipleship initiatives where you are. This means I am available through social media, on the phone, or periodically through travel. A big part of my job description involves connections, and it would be my pleasure to connect with you and present to your leadership teams personally or electronically.
What does this all mean, practically, in the day-to-day? For me, it means that I get to share my passion for discipleship in a very practical way with all of my friends and ministry partners. I truly believe that we have everything we need to answer Jesus prayer for unity in John 17:23 and to fulfill the Great Commission in Newfoundland. It is Christ in us. We are all the answer to Jesus’ prayers, and our churches are the hope of the world. God has placed us here, together, in this time, for a purpose. Formission is our strategy to more fully embrace that purpose and to reignite our passion for making disciples. Let’s discover together what Formission looks like in the hundred plus, unique, beautiful, broken, redeemable towns in which we live.
Here to serve,