We are a co-operative fellowship of Pentecostal believers throughout the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Our mission, through the enablement of the Holy Spirit, is to glorify God by proclaiming the full gospel of Christ to all individuals and by making disciples through evangelism, instruction, fellowship, worship and ministry.
The oval shape of our logo symbolizes the imperfect world in which we live and to which we are called to minister. The Cross dominates the logo just as it does our message. Just as at Jesus’ baptism the dove is a symbol of the Holy Spirit. The background of blue reminds us we are pilgrims and sojourners here. We give you a warm welcome to our website and would encourage you to navigate our website to learn more about The Pentecostal Assemblies of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- the Bible is the inspired and only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
- there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father and His personal future return to this earth in power and glory to rule a thousand years.
- in the Blessed Hope–the Rapture of the Church–at Christ’s coming.
- the only means of being cleansed from sin is through repentance and faith in the precious blood of Christ.
- regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for personal salvation.
- in Water Baptism by immersion for believers, according to Matthew 28:19.
- in the observance of the Lord’s Supper in remembrance of the death of our Lord, as outlined in 1 Corinthians 11:23-32.
- the redemptive work of Christ on the Cross provides healing of the human body in answer to believing prayer.
- the Baptism of the Holy Spirit, according to Acts 2:4, is given believers who ask for it.
- in the sanctifying power of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a holy life.
- in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the one to everlasting life and the other to everlasting damnation.
- We value God: His Word, His Creation, His redemptive purposes in His son, his presence through the Holy Spirit and the imminent return of Christ.
- We value “the lost” to whom we owe the compassion of Christ, an opportunity to receive the gospel, and entrance into Christian fellowship.
- We value believers, their commitment to personal discipleship, their baptism in the Holy Spirit, their Christian family life, and their Christ-like example and witness.
- We value the local assembly marked by sound doctrine, anointed proclamation, fervent prayer, divine healing, Spirit-led worship, authentic relationships, every-member ministry, Holy Spirit-empowered evangelism and practical expression of Christian faith in the world.
- We value a cooperative fellowship that enhances the church’s ability to fulfill its missional mandate, through servant leadership, a shared vision, positive communication, relevant ministry and strategic mobilization of its resources.